Friday, January 2, 2015

Raise the Bar

Image by Kim Le
One thing I'd really love to do in 2015 is learn how to make a truly excellent cocktail. As such, I thought it'd be fitting to toast the new year with some mighty spectacular barware finds (if I do say so myself).


There is something just so nostalgic and charming about this beautiful wooden bar cart from Anthropologie ($498). Perfectly suited for a cozy cocktail corner, I imagine it being a place where sentimental libations are shaken and stirred among friends.


Decidedly more modern but no less fantastic is this brass bar cart from West Elm ($399). The clean lines are especially compatible with contemporary spaces, while double glass shelves provide ample space for all your spirit-ual needs.


My personal favourite of the bunch, this retro brass bar cart from Black Rooster Decor ($1039) is unabashedly glamourous, while the rounded handles and edges add some unexpected quirk and keep things from looking too boxy.


Interior design extraordinaire Jessica Waks of Style at Home and Jessica Claire's World – whose work I came to know through her awesome hubby, a long-time family friend – is always digging up the most delightful bits of design inspiration, such as these gorgeous gold-plated cocktail accessories from Cocktail Kingdom. I'm particularly in love with the Usagi Cobbler Shaker ($76.95).


Another goodie from Cocktail Kingdom, these gold-finished cocktail picks ($18.95) are just begging to be busted out at a swanky soiree. 


You can always bank on Kate Spade for whimsical, cheeky and completely fantastic party supplies! I'm especially partial to these gold foil confetti-flecked cocktail napkins ($14).


If you've stopped by Chaucer + Lily any number of times, you'll know I have a major weakness for black and white patterns. No wonder I fell for the Pierrepont Place 2-piece bar set from Kate Spade ($50).


Spartan Shop has recently become one of my favourite online spots to oggle oh-so-gorgeous homeware. I particularly adore this collection of brass bottle openers ($46) by Japanese designer Masonori Oji.


Another find from Spartan Shop, these bottle openers ($60) by Fort Standard check off two of my favourite design trends: brass and geometry.


I'd be lying if I said I wasn't completely in love with these jaw-dropping bottle openers from Kelly Wearstler (left: Precision, $250; right: Bejeweled, $450).


Marc Blackwell's Northern/Southern Hemisphere glassware collection at Barneys is arguably one of the most spectacular I've ever seen (from $75).


These geo brass bottle stoppers from West Elm ($49) are sure to keep more than just the wine fresh with their bold, glamourous design.


Equally exceptional are these faceted glasses from Urban Outfitters ($34). If you can't already tell, I'm having great difficulty getting over my recent crush on gem-inspired design.


It seems that Moscow Mules have been all over the wedding and lifestyle blogs for the past couple years, and I'm definitely not complaining. The obligatory brass mug (which you can bag at Urban Outfitters for $20) makes this classic vodka-based cocktail an aesthetic delight. Besides, any libation that permits this home décor junkie to splurge on some shiny new barware is a definite must in my books.


This copper tumbler from Spartan Shop ($20) is Bohemian glamour at its finest. I want six or seven, like, now.

Williams-Sonoma has taken ordinary shot glasses to the next level with their striking copper edition ($9.95).


Entertaining before 5 PM? These S'well reusable water bottles ($35-45) from Anthropologie not only feature striking organic patterns, they also keep liquids cool for 24 hours (and warm for up to 12!)


It doesn't get more glamourous than Elizabeth Stone's agate coasters plated in 18K gold.

Bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment